Friday, May 13, 2011

God has a plan, I believe - oh, and HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th

We got back from court not too long ago today. My prayer and the prayer I asked my counselor
(from the Stephens Ministry) and the Pastor at my church, we prayed that no matter what the court decided today, it was at the hands of God and it is for the best. I have been praying, and even begging God that he make the right decision today, if my son has no intentions of getting his life together..
then imprison him. Put him behind bars to dry out, stop stealing and to give me a break.
If there is chance, then keep him a free man.

The decision, well, the arresting officer did not make it, so the Judge asked the Public Defender
if instead of postponing this if she would want to try to make a deal with the store owners
(they were there). She agree. The outcome, they made a deal, my son is to participate in a special
program that has classes on "making the right decisions" in life. I will get you that name and
info in either this post or my next post. The course is $100.00. Ouch, but not impossible.

And...God took it on step further...as I stated in my previous posts, my son is virtually unemployable.
He has been fired from every job and now has not only his felony record, lost license to DUI, he
now has a shop lifting record. He had applied to work at the local animal rescue as a volunteer.
He was sure they declined him as he had not heard from them in weeks. Well, yesterday they
contacted him and he starts training tomorrow.

It may be the miracle he needs. A job to keep him busy, a job helping animals in need, plus,
not getting any money to tempt him from buying drugs.  Might be the miracle he needs, but he could
just blow it like everything else.  But for today..I am going to try to keep my faith strong and believe
that God will not make me endure this lifestyle much longer and he will help my son.

Now...if the Dear Lord would go just one more tiny little step further..and help me with my current job.
I just need a break...come into some unexpected money, or have one of the many companies I have applied for a job with (relocating to FL) reply and grant me an interview.

Suppose I'm asking too much....one step at time. Live in the minute...and this particular minute
life is ok.

My son has two more court dates.  Again, one step, one day, one minute at a time.
God bless and HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th

Here is the link I spoke of above, but I believe the classes are assigned from the court system.
If you are in the process of a court hearing, ask your lawer about this program:
http://www.aspenofamerica.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment