Wednesday, May 4, 2011

As a rule, what is out of sight disturbs men's minds more seriously than what they see.  ~Julius Caesar

As a rule, what is out of sight disturbs men's minds more seriously than what they see.  ~Julius Caesar
Loneliness, insomnia, and change:  the fear of these is even worse than the reality.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
I choose the two quotes above because I needed them and perhaps some of you out there need them too. My job is out in limbo with major lay offs and my son suffers with a heroin
addiction and has one out of three court dates starting May 13th, Friday the 13th.

I am stressed about the court outcome, but oddly, stressed if he goes to jail, and
stressed thinking if he does NOT go to jail and forecasting he will resume his dreadful behavior. Lately he has been a great help caring for our dog and keeping up with house choirs.
He has been doing odd landscaping jobs and goes days without using. This still sounds
awful, but trust me, it is the best it has been in years.

If I re-read my quotes I tell myself, let it go, what happens happens. Trust in God that
the right decisions are made.

In regards to my over stressed job, well, I just have to come in and do the best I can, and
let go of my dreaded fears of what is to come .
The sayings I selected have helped eased my pain today, I am not frowning as much today.
Just would like it better if I was doing the "happy dance".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment