Friday, April 15, 2011

The Saga

hi there…TGIF..yeah..Friday evening, tough work week I’m glad it’s over.
Oh, ya,, back to the blog:

I am going to tell you a little bit about the current situation and how it provoked me to start this blog
and as time goes on I will retrace our (my son and mine) footsteps back in time which will help show you how he got in the tough predicament he is in today while all along I will keep you abreast about the
outcome of my son’s court cases.

My son is 24 years old and still lives with me.  Ya, that’s a whole other story J
As I write this he is currently waiting for THREE court dates, all scheduled over the next couple months, two for shop lifting and one for “public nuisance” . The “public nuisance” is really not as it sounds, he was caught in a public restroom with a syringe and a spoon and matches. He already used the heroin so they did not arrest him for drugs. He was polite and did not resist arrest but they still arrested him for “public nuisance”. He shopped lifted to try to get money for his next fix.

Now, you all must be thinking what a horrible person this kid is but trust me when I say he is actually a really good kid. I know, that’s hard to believe from the paragraph I wrote above
but it’s the honest truth. He has absolutely no violent streak, he is mild mannered, loves animals, good
with kids, clean cut, handsome and actually very intelligent. He attended college for computer repairs.
So in one paragraph I tell you of the illegal things he’s done and the pickle he is in and
in the next paragraph I tell you what a great kid he is…conflict with these two paragraph?..yes.. what is the conflict…it’s HEROIN!!!!!

Is he scared, yes, very. He has already spent a year in jail several years back for using with
“intent to sell”.  Is he scared enough  to get off it NOW? I am not sure how all this will play out.
He says he is..but those are words and a heroin addicts words are worthless as they are con artists.
He just applied for the Salvation Army Rehab program but they will not accept his application
until the court dates have come and gone in case he gets sentenced and it would interrupt his
rehab. He wrote a letter to the local Judge’s chambers and also to the Public Defender asking
that his court dates be put out on hold until he completes the six month Salvation Rehab, no one
has gotten back to him. He basically has been fired from every job he has ever had, and as you read on in this blog, you well be astonished at the high level positions he has had and has lost all of them because of heroin. He has however applied to work as a volunteer in the local animal shelter, but that has a waiting list, so basically he is in the “wait limbo” of life.  He does want to work, that is a plus.

Well, he has one of the court dates (shoplifting) is this upcoming Tuesday. I will keep you updated on the outcome. Besides my daily job being a very very very stressful job, I live paycheck to paycheck and the stress of my son’s addiction I am basically at my wits end, this blog helps me vent. Some of you
think, “well, kick him out of your life and that will be one less stress”, well, that scenario is for another day and another post.

Until tomorrow, be safe!

The thought for the day:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you but give you hope and a future."~ Jeremiah 29:11

And

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment