Monday, April 25, 2011

balloon/drugs and job is the pits

If you keep sincerely asking for what's best, God will give you a very good chance to achieve it - even if you don't believe in God!
       - Bill Blackman

God will always open another door for you

Phew, what a Monday. Thank goodness for my wonderful day of rest yesterday, today was a nightmare.
It all started when I arrived at work in the morning. I was called into our GM’s office and told
to shut the door behind me. That is NEVER a good sign. Sure enough, it was not good.
I was informed that our Corporate office has just eliminated the "OFFICE" ( I am the Office Manager)
and the three office employees, AR clerk, AP/Payroll clerk and the "Contract Data Entry" positions were just out sourced and their positions were eliminated. As there is no longer an office, there is no need for an Office Manager. Miraculously, they are still keeping me on board and are shifting around
my title to HR Manager/Service Dept Assistant. The big wigs from Corp came
into the office around 4pm to make the announcement to the office folks. It was horrific.
In these hard times to be let go from a job. Plus, my new position, I feel like a fish out of water, floundering around.

Then, to get my thoughts together, I went home for lunch. My son was not home and I glanced into
his room and found another BALLOON end on his desk. For those of you that don’t know, and I am not sure if I really know all about it, but some drugs are delivered in rubber balloon ends, tied off usually with a rubber band.
I will look online and give you more of a description of it. So if you start to find balloon ends
around your child’s room, BEWARE!
So he used again!

I am a little confused with my faith right now. I have been praying so hard for so long, and
I try to help others as often as I can. With my black clouds hanging over my head (a super stressful
job and a heroin addicted son) I wallow with my grief and probably don’t help others as often
as I should. I adopted an adorable little dog from a rescue shelter so I justify that as helping
the world in a small part and I also decided to write this blog to help anyone who feels
as lost as I do. Though right this very minute I feel like my world is shattered and should end as I feel so low, I am still training myself to trust God’s way, maybe all this is the start of my prayers being
answered. Plus, I have to be grateful that I made the layoff cut. I will have to see what God has
in store for me, I trust he is guiding me to a better place.

Until tomorrow, I’ll keep you posted…literally "posted" (with a new post)haha

Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment