Thursday, April 21, 2011

The addicts saga takes a turn: Jail?

Never think that God's delays are God's denials.Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius.  ~Georges-Louis Leclerc

Today’s post was going to be more about me and my trial and tribulations with drinking
but the saga with my son has taken a turn. This morning, while I was getting my coffee in the kitchen and getting ready for work my son, Jack, waltzed past me and said he was going to try to bum a cigarette off someone. You see, Jack is a smoker, and since he was fired from his last
job (for getting arrested for shoplifting) he has to go and look for cigarettes on the ground
(how gross is that?) or walk to the nearby shopping center and ask shoppers for a cigarette
(just as gross) since he has no money and I refuse to waste my money on cigarettes for him. Especially since I live paycheck to paycheck.
I felt something was wrong. First, why was he up at 7 am and going out just to look for a cigarette? Plus, my gut told me he was up to something. I reminded him to come right back to take the dog out for her morning walk. That is one of his choirs he is in charge for living with me and not being able to pay rent. He assured me he’d be right back and waltzed out the door.
He did not return by the time I left for work.

Remember I said I had a gut feeling something was wrong? Well, I ran home during my
lunch break and sure enough, there was no sign of my son being home since this morning.
So I immediately walked the dog, poor little girl, waiting for her morning walk that long.
I am so irate at Jack for breaking his promise to be right back to take her out.

Well, it’s now 5 pm, and no sign or word of where Jack is. I checked online my phone
bill records and starting at about 6am this morning he started making ramped phone calls
to this one number, all calls lasting only seconds. I left a nasty little note on the kitchen
table before heading back to work that I hoped he got arrested and I am frigin pissed off at him about not walking the dog.


My hunch? My hunch is that he needed a fix. He has no money, so he went to a nearby
store and tried to lift something once again. My hunch also thinks he got caught and was
arrested again.

If that is true, well, then be it, he did it to himself and I am not posting bail ever again.
In fact folks, I have decided that this time I am breaking all ties from him and will not
visit or contact him while he is in jail. My dream, to buy a small RV, sell everything I own
and drive, just drive, with my little pup, and when we find a nice, quaint little town, stop and
make it our home. Start over, new life, with the heroin addicted son left far behind.
Cold hearted, cruel? Why not at least support him while he’s in jail? Well folks,
read on, and after I have finished all my posts, I will then ask if you would do the
same or not.

I still have that gut/sick feeling that something is dreadfully wrong. Man,
does this EVER STOP??????
Until tomorrow, be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment